January – February 2014
There is always too much to do an not enough time, but your website is the most important marketing tool you have. So what happens when you don’t understand how to fix something? You either have to attend a local networking group to learn, or you have to search the internet and find a “potential fix”.
What if you just want to sit down in a dedicated space and get your blog posts down?
Join us at Posh for 2 hours of WordPress.
Fix your site,
Troubleshoot and get help form fellow WordPress users.
Register for this event here.
Interactive, Hands-On Workshop for Entrepreneurs, Authors and Small Business Owners
Join us in a supportive, small group setting and learn everything you need to know to create an identity you will love. A fun, insightful, interactive, hands-on workshop led by creative director/graphic designer, small business advocate and Highwire Creative owner Bella Guzmán.
Are you ready to re-design or re-create a logo and identity that represents the real you?
Would you like to learn how to partner with a graphic designer to communicate your ideas and create a look you love?
This interactive logo design workshop is the first step of the creative process. You will learn:
- Why your logo and identity are so important and key to your success!
- About the elements of logo design and color theory and how to apply that to your style
- How to uncover your true design aesthetic, typography style and color preferences
Plan to walk away with a mood board* fine-tuned to your specific ideas, along with a creative brief to help guide the visual look and feel of your new or existing business.
*Mood board materials and morning snacks are included with your registration fee. Please note: you will not leave with a completed “logo” but you will be prepared to collaborate with a graphic designer to design your logo.
Highwire Creative. Boldly seeing in you and your business what no one has seen before. And then making it visible — so the right people take note, and delight.
So much is at stake in the beginning of a business. Where else in life do we begin so high up in the air-without having the least bit of practice? We happen to love this part. Even in the early years of your business, we can see that essentially profitable story, and tell it visually, so others see it and believe it, too.
When your business has the right visual identity seen consistently through your logo design, social media branding and website, your business becomes an effortless performance that draws the right crowd.
art director, designer and business sight-seer
If someone had asked me early in life whether I’d rather launch a business or go skydiving, I’m sure I would have said neither. As it turns out, I grew into quite the reluctant adventurer. After graduating from college and working in the publicity/design department for an adventure theme park, I eventually opted for both. Skydiving and launching a business.
True to the name of my business, I’ve never been able to resist the thrill of taking my clients’ businesses to new and ever-more-lovable heights—although these days my adventures tend to be of the escaping-my-hubby’s-ukelele-practice-for-a-local-café-on-a-week-night variety.
I possess the ability to see feelings in living color, and to somehow turn those feelings into profitable visual identities. Magic? Not really. Just lots of practice and a deep curiosity about every kind of business.
My professional life as a designer began in the tourism and land development industries in Orlando, Florida. Today, my work makes my clients as enticing to their people as destination vacations.
You can view my professional resúmé at www.linkedin.com.
Tired of hearing the “New You, New Year” messages that blast us in January? Stop feeling pressured to plan and come get it done in a supportive environment and start changing the way you live. Become a member of the Family Wellness Circle at Posh Coworking. We will be kicking off this monthly program January 14, 2014 at 11:30am. A Year of Being Well: Messages from Families Living Healthier Lives is an easy-to-follow, 13-month quick-start action guide that will make it easy for your family to start a journey toward a healthier lifestyle by taking simple steps each month. We’ll meet once a month to discuss each month’s healthy habits, share personal stories, trade ideas, and learn from each other. Our group will help each other on a journey toward healthier living!
The book – along with a discussion guide and a DVD will be provided free of charge.
To learn more about A Year Of Being Well, visit www.bewellbook.org.
A free copy of the Ebook can be found here.
We will distribute paperback copies of the book at our February meeting. These are free of charge!
What happens when we work alone?
For me, I end up feeling like:
* I’m small
* I can’t do it
* I have to climb a big mountain with not enough water, snacks or companionship
Ha! No fun at all. Can you relate?
In your business and career, I want you to feel the POWER that is literally right below your fingertips.
Join us for this intimate art journaling workshop, where you will have the opportunity to dream BIG and claim a focus for your business in 2014 as well as form bonds with other sisters who want to support your authentic dreams.
This workshop includes:
Why art journaling for business? Because it initiates the right side of your brain, where your intuition lies. This soul-based, spiritual, creative practice will reveal your most brilliant insights.
This workshop will be lead by yours truly, Heidi Schlenk. I am a Creative Life & Business Coach + artist. I get a huge thrill out of introducing women business owners to their own inner guru, and helping them trust their own insights.
Blossom Braemer and I I have joined forces because we believe in a collaborative way of living. Our group has the goal of using creative journaling to open our minds and solidify entrepreneurial growth and direction. We believe that we are stronger as a tribe, and that when we come together, collectively, we gain support, acceptance, and accountability.
Working with Blossom at Posh Coworking has changed the way I do business. I no longer have to work in isolation and fear, but rather feel supported and powerful in my tribe. I want the same for you.
The Launch Pad
A Get-It-Done Planning Retreat to Make your 2014 Business Goals a Reality!
Jan 15, 2014
9 am – 2 pm at Posh Coworking
Catered lunch is included.
This 4-hour workshop is a Get-It-Done Day for women entrepreneurs to create a powerful marketing strategy and clear cut plan for 2014.
Yep – for 4 hours (plus a lunch break) on January 15 we’re going get down to business – together.
I’m going share with you my signature do-able yet effective marketing plan. It’s super cool because it one that can be adaptable to you yet it going to stretch you ever so gently so that you can step into your greatness this year and GROW.
This retreat is for you if:
- You want to grow your business in 2014 and you have a sneaky feeling that improving your marketing has something to do with that.
- You are eager to be in a viritual group and have others doing it at the same time to encourage and uplift you.
- You didn’t accomplish everything you wanted in 2013 and you are ready to start strong for 2014.
This retreat isn’t for you if:
- You want one more information-product to put on a shelf and collect dust.
- You are not willing to make your business dreams and goals (even at a birds’ eye) a reality.
- You don’t want to leave the retreat with your plan in hand – and be 100% ready to implement.
This process is a going to help you SEE where you are going and to help you IMPLEMENT it. Because that’s where the money comes in, right? If we stay stuck in overwhelm them how are we going to call in those clients? How can we possibly be fulfilling out dream as an entrepreneur if we don’t put things into action?
The Launch Pad is a
Get-It-Done Retreat at Posh
Jan 15, 2014
9 am – 2 pm
This is going to be your opportunity to come out into 2014 with a plan.
In this retreat, we’ll go through these modules:
Each module comes with ACTIONABLE content, Q&A and, drumroll Get-It-Done time!
Topic: Vision Planning and Goal Setting/ or Visions: Living For The Future You
Blossom Braemer- Owner of Posh Coworking
Austin’s Only Coworking Community for Women
Shenee Howard- Hey Shenee
The branding expert for undeniably mindblowing, awe-inspiring(profitable) brands.
Productivity and organizational business consultant
A creative workshop made up of one part inspiration, a thousand parts collaboration.
Have fun, meet amazing people and move your projects, career and business forward.
Are you sick of setting New Year’s goals and resolutions, only to feel like a failure three week’s later when you’ve slacked on them?
It’s time for a new perspective on goal setting and New Year’s resolutions. We want to help you create a VISION for 2014, not just a list or collection of goals you think you should be working towards. We want to help you expand your ideas about how you want to FEEL, what you want to EXPERIENCE, and who you want to BE in the coming year.
Come join us at CRAVEfuel (formerly CRAVEchat monthly events) for an inspiring night of shared stories and meaningful conversations. We’ll help each other push past perceived limitations and really go after what matters most to us. We’ll dig in, dig deep and uncover what it is that will make the biggest impact to you having your best year yet, and being your best self.
What’s it going to take for your life to look dramatically different a year from now? At CRAVEfuel, we get to heart of what’s going on, what needs to change, and how to take that first step. No topic is off limits! Join us for a night of authenticity, vulnerability and meaningful connections.
- CRAVEfuel lasts 2+ hours. Includes wine and light snacks.
- The first 20 minutes features a speaker or panel of speakers on the evening’s subject.
- Small group discussions follow where each person’s challenges are workshopped.
- If you are a woman in transition, a woman longing for “what’s next,” or looking for a community and friendships, this event is for you. Not just for entrepreneurs, but woman looking to have real conversations about life, careers and more.
Registration is $25 for non members or FREE for CRAVE members.
Learn more and sign up here: http://bit.ly/1cZ77LQ
Now lets fill the place =)
This must-do foundations course is what every small-business owner or startup should know. Our Marketing Booster Shot is an information-filled, interactive session to help get your marketing ducks in a row. The course is led by Carmen Sutherland and Suzanne McGinnis, two experienced marketing experts who will help you get a leg up on 2014 to create that marketing plan you’ve:
- A. Been meaning to create
- B. Been meaning to update
- C. Huh, what’s a marketing plan?
- Marketing Foundations – Target Customer, Positioning and Messaging
- The Branding Guide – The foolproof way to be consistent with others
- Marketing Plans – How to create a plan that works within your budget
- Making the most of your website – It’s most likely the hub of your marketing plan
- Huh? We can’t hear you! Spreading the word…
- Design Basics – Don’t miss these tips to improve your crucially important image
- Tracking – An overview of Google Analytics and the metrics you want to start tracking
YOU’LL WALK AWAY WITH
- An Action Plan: Has your marketing been non-existent or random and inconsistent? Let this be the year you fix that.
- Relief: Overwhelmed by marketing options? We’ll help you sort it out and choose ones that make sense for your business.
- Inspiration: With an agenda in place, you’ll tackle this year with more zest than ever before.
- January 31, 2014
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Vuka – 411 W.Monroe St
RESERVE YOUR SPOT IN OUR LIMITED-SIZE CLASS TODAY (LIMITED TO 10)
Do you need a website, but don’t have the thousands of dollars to have one professionally developed?
Are you a Content Creator, or Graphic Designer, and want to expand your skills in WordPress?
Are you still managing your site by writing HTML?
Our instructors are full time web designers and developers who share their knowledge and experience with thousands of people at Meetup groups and conferences every week. But that is not enough. Like all open source programs, as more people use WordPress, the developer community grows, and it becomes a better, more powerful tool, so we want you to learn and use WordPress.
WordPress Fundamentals will teach you how to develop, manage and maintain your own WordPress site. Over this four-session (10 hour) course, they will guide you through he process of building your first WordPress website. You will learn how to download and install WordPress, customize the theme, and build out a site navigation. This course will provide you with a solid foundation in the fundamentals of WordPress for anyone who want to learn how to create a WordPress website.
Who will benefit from this class?
- Business owners or managers who want to build or administer a WordPress site
- Hobbyists who want to share their passion using a WordPress Blog
- Designers and Developers who want to add WordPress to their website skills
- Anyone interested in becoming a part of the vibrant and growing WordPress economy as a career opportunity
Okay that’s me, what do I need to bring?
- Students will provide their own laptop computer (no tablets) with Windows, Linux or Mac OS installed
- Student laptop must have working WiFi functionality
- If you feel more comfortable using an external mouse, please bring one with you
- You will not need to install any software for this course, but you should have a modern web browser. For part of the course you will need the latest version Firefox or Google Chrome
How do I register?
Click on the link above, or go here to register for this class.
See you in the class room!
This event is by special invitation. If you are interested in being a part of a great group of collaborative, artistic women who seek to use love, creativity and bonding to grow together, and their businesses, please email me (blossom at poshcoworking dot com). I would love to add you to the secret group and share the details with you!
Here is a teaser.
Come raise a glass and toast the launch of The Sister Collective, a collaborative group of women entrepreneurs who use art, creativity and love to bond and form not just relationships, but also a collaborative way to set and meet business goals.
It’s gonna be a blast, and we even have some fun activities planned.
Drinks and light snacks will be served.
Undecided Topic at this time. All events for Austin WordPress Meetup Group will be announced on the Meetup.com site above.